Like any business, when you are running a medical practice you are interested in recognizing the most profits. At times, this requires eliminating costs, such as outsourcing medical billing to save on salary expenses, technology costs, and the like. Although medical billing is a surefire way to increase the profitability of your medical practice, there are other areas where outsourcing may make sense for you. Below is a list of other medical practice outsource options that are worth exploring.
- Marketing: As a medical professional, you are an expert in the field of medicine. Although you may have experience with marketing, most often it is in your best interest to hire an outside marketing firm that specializes in medical marketing. Taking advantage of the knowledge of a marketing company can aid your practice in attracting new patients and retaining current patients. It also frees up the time of you and your staff so that your patients remain the center of your attention.
- Payroll: Payroll can be a tedious task. Often times, it takes a dedicated payroll professional to manage the payroll of your practice. In order for your practice to run the most efficiently, it is worth exploring outsourcing your medical payroll. This will reduce salary expenses and/or free up time of your office staff.
- Information Technology (IT): When technology isn’t working correctly, it can put a kink in your day. For this reason, having an IT professional on speed dial is crucial. Working with an IT company will ensure that help is there when needed. If IT is a medical practice service you outsource, the IT specialists can aid in implementing new technologies, training staff on new software/programs, and providing technical support when needed.
- Medical Transcription Services: Free up time of your staff by outsourcing your medical transcription services to a company that specializes in medical transcriptions. Most often, medical transcription companies have technology to aid in transcribing, allowing your patient records and notes to be transcribed quickly and accurately.
Questions to Ask When Selecting an Outsource Vendor
If you are ready to outsource medical practice services, be prepared to ask in depth questions while searching for vendors. You want to make sure the vendor you select is a good fit for your organization and understands your area of business. Considering selecting a vendor that works exclusively with the medical community. Also, consider asking questions such as:
- How much does the service cost?
- What are the vendor’s performance measures?
- How will communication flow back and forth?
- What information must be shared with the vendor?
- What is required of you and your staff?
If you are ready to outsource medical practice services, we invite you to explore Applied Medical Systems (AMS). For over 30 years, we have been working with the medical community providing useful tools for profitability, such as medical billing and coding solutions. Contact AMS today for more information.