One surefire way to attract talent to your practice is the offer of employee benefits. Employee benefits range from vacation days to health insurance and although some may cost your practice a hefty sum, others are relatively inexpensive to offer. Therefore, it you are struggling to attract and retain talent, taking a look at your employee benefits package may be the answer.
Below we have accumulated a list of the top employee benefits that americans are seeking. These benefits include:
- Insurance: With the cost of health insurance premiums exceeding the cost of mortgages in some cases, offering your employees high quality insurance plans for no cost or at a discount is a huge perk. However, don’t forget about the other types of insurances that your employees may value, such as dental insurance, vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, and more.
- More Flexible Hours: Being able to work around personal appointments and school drop off and pickups is an attractive benefit to employees. Allowing staff to come in earlier in the morning and clock out early in the afternoon is an example of flexible work hours. Although flexible hours may be difficult to swing in the service industry, there may be ways to accommodate this for employees with special circumstances.
- Increased Vacation Days: Offering employees more vacation days, specifically paid time off, is a great way to boost morale and attract talent. In general, offering vacation day costs the practice very little and provides a large benefit to the employee who feels more valued and come back recharged and more productive.
- Student Loan and/or Tuition Assistance: Student loans are common this day and age, especially in the medical industry. Offering to help pay back a portion of your employees student loans after being with your practice a set amount of time is very enticing to potential hires and a great way to retain employees. For example, offering to pay $2,000 towards their student loans after being with the company for 2 years and $5,000 towards their loan after 5 years is a huge employee benefit. Additionally, offering to help pay tuition for employees is a great way to motivate your staff to further their education, such as contributing towards the education costs of a nurse who is pursuing their masters.
- Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave: When it comes to maternity and paternity leave, there is no question that America is falling behind. Since paid leave is not the norm, offering this benefit to your employees is huge and may set you apart from other area practices when it comes to attracting talent.
If you are struggling to attract and retain quality talent, employee benefits may be a good place to start. Applied Medical Systems (AMS) is a great asset when it comes to employee benefit packages and can help you determine what you should and should not be offering.
Learn More About AMS
AMS offers human resource management consulting as a part of our value-add services which includes employee benefits. If you are interested in learning more about how employee benefits can help your practice, contact us today for a free quote.